Friday, October 25, 2013

Five for Friday

It is 5 for Friday time!  We are linking up with Doodlebug Teaching for her weekly linky.




Interactive Math Notebooks.  Oh my goodness!  I love these things.  I had heard about them for awhile, looked into them, meant to make some for myself, ran out of time, and finally bought some!!!  I absolutely LOVE Blair Turner’s units!  My kiddos have had a blast with them.  Click on her name to head over and check out her units on TPT. :)



We had meetings on Monday and found out (for the first time!!!) that we are going to be giving our kiddos a writing test.  They have to write an informational piece that we will be scoring as a district test.  Yikes!!! We have done writing before in conjunction with our tests, but it has never actually counted as anything.  Then to find out less than a month before the testing window starts...talk about stress filled teachers!  Sooooo we are doing lots of informational writing practice!  Katie is working on penguins and I am starting with spiders.  These pics are of an information gathering chart Katie’s kiddos made and also her class using an online Zoo Books resource. 

My clip chart, my happy clip chart!  I have said it before, and I will say it again, this group of kiddos is wonderful!  This is my clip chart 1/2 way through the day.  These little friends legitimately are this far along the clip chart 1/2 way through the day, most days!  This seriously just makes me smile.

Treasure Box.  Katie and I do our rewards a little bit different, but our kiddos both earn stars and can use them to buy things at the end of the week. This is one of my kiddos favorite times!  I always have sweet little helpers to want to be in charge of calling sticks for friends to come back and buy prizes.  They also get such a kick out of getting to make change for people!

Finally, a little personal fav of the week.  We left little brother home with Grammi and took the girls to the pumpkin patch.  They had so much fun picking out a pumpkin to carve with Daddy and were so proud of getting to help scoop out all the pumpkin “guts”!  It was absolutely precious getting to see just how excited they were when Daddy added the candle to their jack o lantern and turned off the lights.  I love, love, love getting to watch all the “firsts” with my kiddos!


Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment