This is so fun for us because Katie first found blogs and quickly became obsessed last year. Then she shared them with me... and I spent quite a lot of my time exploring them while my student teacher taught! We were both so inspired by all of YOUR amazing blogs and that is what made us decide to try out blogging for ourselves! You never know how it is going to go, or if people might care about what you have to say. What is fun for us is that we are as excited about new followers now, as we were when we got our first follower! We still text back and forth with tons of exclamation points every time we check and see that we have new followers!
I also called Katie at 10:30 at night because I saw the comment about the award first! When I called her she was trying to wrestle her youngest back to bed, but I told her she had to stop long enough for me to tell her about the award before my phone died! We managed to get a few squeals in before it bit the dust!!
So on to the rules!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
Here are our 7 Random Facts ( In the interest of not rambling (I have a problem with that) we will only do 7 facts, not 7 each :)
1. (Lisen) I can whistle about any song! I love to whistle, but get easily annoyed when other people whistle!
2. (Katie)When my first born was just six weeks old, I got pregnant with my daughter, Jenna. (I know, it is every new moms' fear. It happened to me. Yes, I know about birth control.) Jenna then decided to make her entrance into this world a month early. SO, from June 7th to August 14th of every year, I have two kids the same age. Right now they are both 6. They should even be in the same grade. But, they aren't. I started Jake in kindergarten since he just made the cut-off *gasp*! I know, I know. Boys aren't as mature, they struggle more when they are the youngest in their class. Fear not, I was very careful with my decision (c'mon, now, I am a teacher, I get it!). I don't regret it at all. He will start second grade this year and is doing awesome!!
3. (Lisen) I played basketball in college (aka rode the bench) and totally LOVE how 7 & 8 year olds think I am amazing because I can dribble a figure eight! It's the little things!!!!
4. (Katie)Of all the things in the world that I could be afraid of, I am afraid of fish. I have no idea why. It is totally an irrational fear. They totally gross me out though....I won't even eat any type of fish. G.R.O.S.S.
5. (Lisen)At the end of the day we always have our kiddos give us either a handshake, high five, or hug as they leave. While pregnant with my twins I loved how the little girls in my class would give me a hug and then pat my (huge) baby belly and say, "bye baby, bye other baby". Totally made me smile every day!
6. (Katie). I am sort of a control freak. Especially when it comes to organization. I think I am borderline OCD when it comes to cleaning. This can be a great thing, but it also can drive me nuts. Especially when I am setting up my classroom. I will do a bulletin board over and over again until it is just right. It robs me of so much time. It drives my kids and husband nuts, too. If my house or classroom is messy, it can be hard to function and it stresses me out. Too bad this doesn't carry over into my car....
7. (Both of Us) We have to watch where we sit at our in-services because we might possible like to talk a
Here are the 15 blogs that we are nominating:
Delighted in Second
Falling into first
Grade 2 Happenings
Grade School Giggles
Just Wild About Teaching
Krazy About Kiddos
Liv to Teach
Luckey Frogs Lilypad
No Monkey Business
Second Grade Nest
Second Grade Perks
Simply Second Grade
Smiling in Second Grade
Tattling to the Teacher
***Don't forget to enter our 100 follower giveaway! We have lots of great things up for grabs! :) Second Grade Smartypants Giveaway
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]