Monday, June 18, 2012

A little of this, a little of that...

Hello! Happy Monday! We have once again escaped to our local Starbucks. However, this time we spent time blogstalking and chatting instead of working on our to do list! That is actually par for the course. We talk our way through the day during the school year so during the summer we have to make up for lost "talk time" when we actually get together. Side note: We actually have a small little hole in the wall/ceiling between our classrooms and we have been know to throw paper airplanes, shoes, notes, etc. back and forth at each other while our kiddos are in the classroom! It might possibly get a little crazy when we do that, but we sure have fun!! And our kiddos always tell us that they know that we are best friends.
So we have avoided putting pictures of ourselves on here so far and we are finally going to bite the bullet and do it!! We have a friend who is borderline professional at taking pictures (at least we think so) and she took pics at my girls first bday. So here are pics of Katie and her kids and me (Lisen) and my family.




The other thing that I have been up to this summer is rearranging my girls nursery. With twins I have realized that I need WAY more storage then I have. So I found a cruddy old dresser at my neighbors garage sale and bought it for $20 and then painted it to match my nursery. I still need to put on my handles. They are brushed silver and pretty streamlined. I am putting some other pics of the things I made for my nursery before I had the girls because I LOVE them!!!












Okay, one last pic! I, like many teachers, am kind of obsessed with Target! I am still bargain hunting for my classroom even during the summer. My girls have decided that riding in the actual seat is WAY overrated and this is how we now insist on riding! (The things I would have said I never would have allowed before I had kids...so not worth the fight after having kids!!!)


My computer is no longer working unless I hold the power cord in (which makes typing impossible!) so I am doing this on Katie's computer. But I have threatened with my husband with the possibility of sharing his computer unless we buy a new one for me. So we are using our Christmas money and getting one by the end of the week! Yay for me! And yay for everyone else because then we can finally be back with some freebies!!!






Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! I too love Target and cannot walk in the store without browsing the dollar spot :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me--not only are you my latest follower, you are my first! That completely made my day! I'm following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your twins are too cute!!! I totally let my son ride in the shopping cart like that too :) He likes the extra space! haha

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're little ones are PRECIOUS! :) Great job in the nursery, it looks darling. I especially love the tree! So excited to be following both of you now! Yay for second grade!!! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie and Lisen! I love your blog. Yes, anytime I enter Target I immediately veer towards the dollar spot and enter teacher mode! :) Your nursey is great! That tree is really neat.

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog. I teach second grade too!

    Hive2nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew your blog sounded familiar!! I purchased your end of the year pack on TPT! I love your stuff! I'm so glad you found me so now I can follow you!! Yay!
    Jodi
    Southern Sweetie in Second

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, I want to kiss those babies!! (Yes, I am that crazy lady who gushes over babies:)Mahalo for stopping by! I am now following:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those signs for the kids' rooms are SO cute!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Much easier then you would think!!! Canvas from Michaels, scrapbook paper, mod podge, sealant, and paint!!!! I was intimidated by the project until I started and now I love it!

      Delete