Friday, May 10, 2013

Five for Friday

We are linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching today for her Five for Friday!

Happy Friday!  We have 8 1/2 days left of kiddos before it is time for Summer!!!!!!!!  I have a little countdown going for this reason and also a baby is coming countdown.  Unfortunately little Mr. has a mind of his own and even though his due date is June 3rd my Dr is thinking he is coming early....like any day early!!!!  Yikes!  I am not ready for him!!!  So I am frantically trying to get all of my end of year testing done a little early just in case he decides to put in an appearance.  Of course I thought I had my maternity leave all figured out for the beginning of the year and if he shows up early that is going to make me do some serious rearranging of my plans.  Oh well....it's out of my hands I guess!

So here are some pics from this week!

Kansas has the CRAZIEST weather ever!!!!  We have had days in the really high 70's and then....snow!  Up and down, up and down, etc.  It has been ridiculous.  So on one of the nice days I had to take my girls to Peachwave for some frozen yogurt.  Yum!  They are so stinkin cute with their own cups and are so proud of how big they are to not have to share with mommy!  I also love that at nearly 2 they don't think it is odd that mommy puts just a tiny bit of yogurt in the cups and no toppings.  I'm dreading when they start realizing that other kids have bowls FULL of yogurt and tons of toppings!  I'm pretty sure that when they get old enough to realize that we are going to have some meltdowns and end up leaving without yogurt because with this mama it is you get what you get and you don't throw a fit!


Couldn't resist this non school related one either!  Seriously, my girls growing up is happening FAST!  My big girls are old enough for big girl jammies without feet! They were so excited when I pulled these out and let them pick their own jammies.  Brylee actually turned circles and Rylan jumped up and down and clapped.  I can't even imagine how big they are going to seem once little brother arrives!!  Kids growing up is hard!!!


On to school!  I love Teacher Appreciation week!  Our kiddos do something special each day.  So one day might be homemade cards, wear your teacher's fav color, bring her fav snack, etc.  Soooooo sweet!  The kiddos are so cute when they come in all excited and proud to tell you that they are wearing your favorite color or that they know you like pretzels. So one of my sweeties brought this to me on Monday and I had to take a quick pic before I dove in because this has to be one of the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen!
 This is what showed up on my desk Friday!  I feel very loved and spoiled!!!

Katie found this cute book for her daughter Jenna and ended up bringing it in to school to use.  It is VERY cute and we thought we would share in case you haven't seen it yet!

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Will have to check out the Princess ant the Pig! Just found your blog through Five for Friday and am a new follower--I am a fellow second grade teacher blogger...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to find you through Doodlebugs linky!!! Your blog is adorable and I love that you shared The Princess and the Pig! Sounds fun! What looks most amazing is your desk packed with teacher goodness! How awesome is that!
    Happy to be your newest follower!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girls. Loved seeing your little ones in their big girl jams. I looked at Addison today and almost freaked out because she is growing up so fast. It IS hard. And I don't even know what to say about Teacher Appreciation Week. I'm a little jealous to say the least... I posted about what a joke it is at my school. Talk to you soon!

    Jeremie
    Apples, Crayons, and Caffeine

    ReplyDelete