Friday, October 11, 2013

Five for Friday

Whew!  It has been awhile!!! Life has gotten crazy for both of us.  I have started back to work after 6 lovely weeks of maternity leave and it is exhausting! :)  Thank goodness that my class if fabulous and soooooo enjoyable!
We are linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky. Click the link below to check it out.

Here is a peek at some of the randomness of our week!!
 Spider Spelling
Our kiddos love anything that is attached to a craftivity and we love to have cute things to hang from the ceiling!  Here is one of our spiders with spelling words on the legs.  Quick and easy and the kiddos get a kick out of having their spiders hanging up!
 If you would like to snag a free copy for yourself just click on the picture below!


 Autobiographies
I left these for my sub to do with the kiddos when I was out on maternity leave.  They have been working away and I love how they turned out!  I have all but 2 kiddos finished and we have started to share them.  
If you would like to check out our autobiography unit on TPT you can head to our store!


Katie did some persuasive writing with her kiddos this week.  We have been talking for awhile about getting ourselves into gear to work on a persuasive writing unit, but haven't gotten to it yet.  Luckily, Amy Lemons, had a super cute idea for persuasive writing!  Here is the book Katie used with it and 2 of her examples.  If you want to check out what Amy Lemons is doing with her writing just click on her name and head over to check out all the cuteness!!!  She has the BEST ideas!!!

Inservice!  We had an inservice today and our principal brought Chick Fil A for breakfast!  Yum!!!  No picture of that because it went so fast we didn't have time! :)  We had a great speaker in the morning and work time in the afternoon.  Here is a picture of what we will be working on after lunch...

Yup, you got it, grading, grading, filling in bubble sheets, and hopefully a little bit of planning!!
At our training this morning we learned about 2 GREAT tools to use with kiddos.  Check these out if you get a chance.  Both Katie and I will be exploring them this weekend.  What we were shown at our training got us excited about the uses for our classrooms!


Click on either of the pics to check these great tools out!!

Also, if you have time head over and check out my friend Kristen's new blog!  She is an awesome teacher and has started a new blog.

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]http://www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the infograph site. This would be perfect for my 5th graders. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. I am now following you guys! I am also a second grade teacher. I would love for you to check out my blog if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more post!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete